WATERWOO PDF – a WooCommerce PDF watermarking plugin
Selling PDFs online in a WooCommerce store? Watermark and/or password them with your customer’s information!
If you are trying to sell e-books or PDFs online, you are right to feel concerned about intellectual theft. Most anyone can download your PDF and turn around and share it with family, friends, or much worse: the entire internet via peer-to-peer networks. One might even try to re-sell your file. And unfortunately many people do not realize that this is not only unfair, but that it is a crime.
If you need to watermark PDF documents version 1.5 and newer without fuss, and also want many more features including broader language support, individual product and variation watermarking, external file hosting (S3, Dropbox), password protection and encryption, more frequent updates, and user support, consider purchasing WaterWoo PDF Premium. WaterWoo is the most powerful and finely configurable PDF watermarker available for WooCommerce. In other words, it’s the best.
Includes all features of the free version:
- Watermark designated PDF downloads (as specified by you), or *all* PDF downloads from your site
- Files do not need to be in a specific directory
- Watermark can be moved on the page, allowing for different paper sizes (such as letter, A4, legal, etc)
- Watermarks on portrait and landscape-oriented pages
- Watermarks upon click of either the customer’s order confirmation page link or email order confirmation link
- Dynamic customer data inputs using shortcodes for customer first name, last name, email, phone, and order date
- Choice of font face, color, size and placement (horizontal line of text anywhere on the page)
- Translation ready
- Open source code
Plus these enhanced features:
- Watermark all PDF files with the same settings OR set individual, totally unique watermarks per product or even per product variation!
- Supports all versions of Adobe PDF (through 1.7)
- Watermark files stored on remote servers (Amazon S3, Dropbox, etc)
- Watermark all PDF/paper sizes, not just standard sizes
- Extended support for stamping in your language (Windows-1252 AND extended characters offered by DejaVu Sans, M Sung [Chinese]and Furat [Arabic]) To see if your language will be watermark-able using DejaVu, view this chart.
- Watermark with png/gif/jpg images (place images in/on PDF files)
- Preserves existing external URL links embedded in the PDF. Internal link handling is in development.
- Rotatable transparent page overlay watermark, apart from footer watermark (two watermark locations!)
- Additional text formatting options, such as font color, style (bold, italics, HTML), and alignment (left/right/center)
- Support for RTL (right-to-left) watermarking
- Additional dynamic customer data input using shortcodes: business name, order date plus days/weeks/months/years (could be used for product/license expiration dates), order number, and quantity ordered by product ID (could be used to watermark how many of a specific item was purchased)
- Add a 1D or 2D custom barcode (includes QR codes) to your watermark!
- Begin watermark on selected page of PDF document (to avoid watermarking a cover page, for example)
- Watermark every page, every odd page, or every even page. Watermark the first page only or the last page only.
- Optionally password protect PDF files. Choose a password, or set buyer’s email as the password, or use a filter hook to create your desired password (phone, zip code… or get creative with your own PHP).
- Optionally prevent copying, annotating, or modifying of your PDF files
- Test your watermark and/or manually watermark a file on the fly
- Localization ready. Comes with Spanish, French, and German translations.
- Excellent customer service – just look how well we treat our non-paying customers!